Re: Unencumbered Checking (was Re: DEPLOY: SPF/Sender ID support in Courier)

2004-08-31 11:00:50

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 06:22:56PM +0200, Markus Stumpf wrote:
Why will that help deployment?
The latest surveys state that MS SMTP servers have less than 10%
market share.
I'd say having sendmail + qmail + postfix + exim will help more than
having MS on board for whatever solution.

I was asked if I could provide some URLs:
Here are links to some recent surveys:
    http://cr.yp.to/surveys/smtpsoftware6.txt
    http://www.falkotimme.com/projects/survey_smtp_032004.php
    http://www.tty1.net/smtp-survey/survey-2004-03-04_de.html

Numbers differ in detail but the overall figures are the same.
What is also important is the number of users served by the the
different MTAs and I know from scratch of no large provider using
MS SMTP server, but I may be wrong.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299