Re: Unencumbered Checking

2004-08-31 12:19:07

Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com> writes:

It is clear to me from the entire Sender-ID development from its roots
in the ASRG, as well as the information I heard directly from Microsoft
employees on the subject, is that the Sender-ID standard is intended to
be deployed on the MUA level by Microsoft. Of course, they are free to
correct me.

But should that concern us in this working group? Should we not be
investigating and recommending the best solution for implementing in
the MTA (as per the name and charter of this group)? We should be
concerned about what may or may not be done or implemented in MUAs.