Re: Unencumbered Checking

2004-08-31 14:15:26

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 09:01:48PM +0100, Graham Murray wrote:
Oooops That should say "We should not be concerned....."

I have raised this and I have also raised more than once concerns that
there are zillions of MUAs in intranets and behind firewalls that cannot
do DNS lookups themselfes. But I was told this is then a job for
"special gateways" and "solution" would be to add headers for evaluation
by the MUAs that would be removed for security reasons at the receiving
MTA for incoming eMails.

Funny thing is that
    http://weblog.infoworld.com/udell/2004/03/23.html
clearly shows MUAs and the user interface (and the users behind) are
simply to dumb to get things halfway right ... and SenderId will not
change a thing with that regard.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299