Re: DEPLOY: IPR [was Re: TECH: use fetchmail algorithm to select header address to verify]

2004-09-09 02:48:05

Margaret Olson wrote:

Would those of you who suggest ignoring the patent please also
volunteer to pay for any and all costs associated with a (potential)
lawsuit from MS for not using their license?

I can't speak for Yakov, but I'm suggesting that this working group
ignore the IPR issue as irrelevant. You may or may not choose to
ignore it for yourself.

I chose not to. The question, to me, is not whether Microsoft's IPR claims are valid, but whether I can afford to be wrong. Heck, with all the legal cost involved with a lawsuit, I cannot even afford to be right. :)

- Mark