Re: DEPLOY: Permitting '-all' to be used immediately represents a flag day.

2004-09-15 10:28:49

Rik van Riel said:

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, David Woodhouse wrote:

We should avoid such an occurrence. The first publication must prohibit
("MUST NOT") the use of '-all' in records of either scope until such
time as it is later decided that the Internet as a whole is quorate with
respect to whatever reverse-path/header modification is required for
each.

Agreed.  In fact, there might just be too many email forwarding
accounts out there to ever have a scheme like SPF work right.

Again I say... this is situationally dependent. Using "MUST NOT" in the
spec is sending the wrong message. The right message is that the domain
admin "MAY USE" -all if they chose based on their individual domain
situation.

--
csm(_at_)moongroup(_dot_)com
Chief Tech and Bottle Washer