Re: DEPLOY: Permitting '-all' to be used immediately represents a flag day.

2004-09-15 10:29:21

-all is perfectly OK now. The spec should make clear the issue David raised, to the extent it remains an issue, given pending changes. That's all.

If you don't have procmail, the .forward could instead just say
"|/usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f nobody(_at_)intermediate-domain(_dot_)com
foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com"

Yuck. A lame solution like this should be fixed or removed from the site.
terry(_at_)ashtonwoodshomes(_dot_)com wrote:

But I am voting for Classic SPF which does not have a backscatter issue (please
correct me if I am
wrong).

It does; the spec doesn't even say not to bounce in case of 'fail'. The authors were too timid to make ANY concrete statements about what to do with the result of the SPF checks. It does mandate SRS, so it MIGHT cause a net reduction in backscatter.

PS Folks, please email me if you think I'm posting too often; I'd like to know.