Re: TECH-ERROR: SenderID sets recomendation for forwarders that are not compatible with RFC 2822

2004-09-17 17:03:29

On Fri, 2004-09-17, william(at)elan.net wrote:

I'm reading Pete's answer right, then adding Resent-From is ok in some
forwarding cases but not in others and that in particular:
 1. Its not ok with .forward forwarding (specifically mentioned). This
    is very very common in the deployed base.
 2. Its not ok with any forwarding where RFC2821 Mail From remains the same
    as it was before forwarding (most of the forwarding systems deployed
    on the net are like this)
 3. Its not ok if message is changed (this would include Mail Lists).

I'm sorry. I must be dense. When *IS* it OK to use Resent-From?
What is it intended to mean?

--
Bill McQuillan <McQuilWP(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>