Re: TECH-ERROR: SenderID sets recomendation for forwarders that are not compatible with RFC 2822

2004-09-17 17:45:52

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004, Bill McQuillan wrote:

I'm sorry. I must be dense. When *IS* it OK to use Resent-From?
What is it intended to mean?

My reading is it is ok when email is reintroduced into system by SMTP
server in the way similar to relaying it but as part of normal relay
process email session and other parameters are never change, but in this
case relaying involves change in envelope parameters Mail From and RCPT TO.
Think of it as relay with change of envelope and possibly change of address
headers (Sender, From, To, CC). It is also probably ok for message to have
been introduced after certain wait period (in emailqueue presumably)
triggered by certain event (i.e. like ETRN).

But I maybe wrong, so perhaps  it would be better if Pete answers this
question.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks