Re: Question and note

1998-06-29 07:59:55
At 05:16 AM 6/29/98 -0400, dontspam-tzeruch(_at_)ceddec(_dot_)com wrote:
Because all these terms have no meaning to the end user, and probably not
to many of the implementors.

Well, end users won't be seeing this stuff if the implementors do it right.
If the implementors don't understand the terms, we're in deep trouble.

Jon: you don't have a reference to RFC 2119 in this document, which seems
to be the basis for the misunderstanding. Please put an explicit pointer to
RFC 2119 in section 1.1 and a reference to it in section 16. Also, someone
should do a scan of the document for the RFC 2119 words and make sure that
is what we mean.

Now, can we stop the name-calling and move forwards? Ad hominem attacks,
while terribly popular in the security industry, don't help us finish the
work of getting out standards.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium