OpenPGP should be called ClosedPGP

2000-06-24 21:57:59
To all that can (well most):

Just e-mailing to say that I am appalled at the helpfulness of this list; I have been involved with the Internet for six years now and have also been involved with other standards, lists and discussion forums and this is the most "closed" list I have ever come across!

After literally many hours of research, I have come across only one document that explains part of 2440 in a understandable format and that is:

http://www.openpgp.net/pgpemail_toc.html

I have also noticed there is a book called:

OpenPGP Specification & Sample Code; ISBN: 1583680144; by Jon Callas...

however, upon e-mailing the author for instructions on how to obtain the book and visits to www.cryptography.org and www.pibooks.com to purchase it (found URL's in openpgp archives), I am still left wondering whether the book actually exists!

Come on people who are developing this standard - if you want it to take off, help people and/or make something available to people like me and other project directors so we can develop the OpenPGP standard and not get bogged down cryptanalysing the 2440 document into plain text!

PS: Thanks to those who have responded to my e-mails - it certainly has confirmed many things I was unsure of regarding OpenPGP.

PSS: Ignore this message if the MITM is blocking everyone's answers to my e-mails :)

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
ACN: 089 468 682