Re: OpenPGP should be called ClosedPGP

2000-06-26 08:32:21
On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Erron Criddle wrote:

After literally many hours of research, I have come across only one
document that explains part of 2440 in a understandable format and that is:

OpenPGP is quite complex (but not as complex as some other protocols),
so it takes a while to understand all the details.  A lot of things
have been explained on this mailing list here more than one time.
Have a look at the archives.

And there are at least 3 implementations which you can consult to
check how a detail is actually done.

Come on people who are developing this standard - if you want it to take
off, help people and/or make something available to people like me and

PGP is around for nearly a decade now.  OpenPGP is just an enhancement
on the PGP 2 data formats.

other project directors so we can develop the OpenPGP standard and not get
bogged down cryptanalysing the 2440 document into plain text!

I think Jon did a fine job as editor of this document and to me it is
an easy to understand specification.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch                             OpenPGP key 621CC013
OpenIT GmbH                             tel +49 211 239577-0