Implementation doc.

2000-06-29 19:35:32
Sen,

i'd like to work on improving the existing document so that it is
clearer and easier to understand.  is the working group amenable to
this?

Although implementation testing is very important and would require 2440bis to remain reasonably static for the that to happen, it may be possible to also implement a document in parallel that accompanies 2440 and would be basically targeted at the implementor. This doc could provide implementation guidelines in a "summarised" fashion and would refer to 2440 for further understanding.

Basically it would be targeted at implementors that are starting from scratch.

One possible way to move ahead with this document is to make an FTP site available so that anybody could upload their own "summaries" or implementation notes. From this, we can then consolidate the information and create another doc that is a basic guideline for implementing OpenPGP.

If peoples are interested, let me know and I'll set up an FTP site so notes etc etc can be uploaded for others to view for comment.

Regards

Erron Criddle
Comasp Ltd.
ACN: 089 468 682