Re: OpenPGP should be called ClosedPGP

2000-06-29 18:18:34
On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 07:46:36PM +0900, sen_ml(_at_)eccosys(_dot_)com wrote:

it's probably up to ulf to clarify what he meant, but from the quoted
context in his post, i did not interpret his statement to mean that
one should be able to implement openpgp w/o looking at the references
mentioned in the openpgp document.

Right. I assumed the purpose of references was obvious. :)

If a document is supposed to become a standard, it should contain -
directly or through references - the information required to build an
interoperable implementation. I maintain that that is not the case,
the fact that Werner personally didn't look at the PGP source code
nonwithstanding.

Preferrably the document would also present the information in an
easily accessible way, but it would already be a good step if only the
issues raised on this list in the past would finally be addressed.