Re: Finalizing OpenPGP/MIME?

2001-01-25 04:30:02
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Kazu Yamamoto wrote:

Unfortunately, to my best knowledge, other PGP implementations don't
have such a feature. So, many PGP/MIME UAs tend to either

What they should do is to parse the beginning of the message.  Well,
okay than it is not anymore simple to implemnt it, becuase you need
a base64 decoder and some OpenPGP packet parsing code.

And I would like to know how should Multipart/Security UAs treat a
received Multipart/Security message if the micalg parameter is
inconsistent with the hash function actually used.

For PGP I would just ignore that parameter; don't know about S/MIME.

  Werner

--
Werner Koch
<wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org>