Re: Finalizing OpenPGP/MIME?

2001-01-25 05:50:01
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Kazu Yamamoto wrote:

This is a point. This means that the micalg parameter is meaningless.
I wonder why we should make an effort to set a correct value to such a
meaningless value?

I think it is good style to create data in a correct fashion but be
liberal in what to accept.

Or if you are suggesting just to set a bogus value to the micalg
parameter because it is meaningless, why don't you support the idea of
wildcard value?

I won't object against a wildcard or a new value "unknown"

  Werner

--
Werner Koch
<wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org>