Re: [openpgp] ways forward wrt IETF wg - please try answer by Apr 8th

2015-04-06 23:57:59
I learned how to use PGP within the past 11 months.

All I have to say is this: PGP will always be a kludge, it is best as a
manual method of transmitting files through insecure means. Anything more
requires a total rewrite of the standard.
I support option two. I'm going to disappear after this, but I suggest the
following language:

something something encrypting more than 2^35 bytes through a 64-bit block
cipher, warn the user that the cipher is less than theoretically secure,
particularly if the data is not compressed.
something something PGP encryption should default to AES.