Re: [openpgp] [internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-10.txt

2020-09-02 12:01:28
Paul,

On Wed, September 2, 2020 12:49 pm, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2020, Werner Koch wrote:

30d8397 Introduce the Key Block subpacket to align OpenPGP with CMS.

6fd718d Revert to the RFC4880 requirement of having a User ID.

Were these two changes the result of consensus on the list ?

I don't know about the former; the latter was mostly consensus.  I think I
was the only major objection to it.  It's possible that Jon Callas also
objected at the time, but I don't recall.  Pretty much everyone else
didn't care or wanted to revert this change (which I introduced).  But
honestly, right now, it doesn't make a difference to me either way so I'm
fine with reverting this.  We wound up using a different path for images
and decided to include it by reference using a hash-attribute instead of
by value in an image-attribute, so not using the attribute as originally
designed.  So this reversal doesn't break our code.

Paul

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com