Re: [openpgp] [internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-10.txt

2020-09-02 13:48:23
On Wed, 2 Sep 2020, Werner Koch wrote:

I don't know about the former; the latter was mostly consensus.  I think I

The former was proposed a couple of years ago and iirc, I was a major
voice against.  Meanwhile, afterh the meltdown of the keyserver network
we should bite the bullet an do it like it has always been done in CMS.

Better have a dedicated subpacket than having everyone squeezing it into
a proprietary notation.

That does not answer my question though.

Was this discussed in the working group? Why was it changed now in this
revision. The reason I'm asking is because people have said in the past
that changes were introduced by an author without WG consensus, so I'd
like to know if these two material changes have seen proper discussion.

Paul