Re: [openpgp] [internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-10.txt

2020-09-03 08:01:38
On Sep 3, 2020, at 08:37, Werner Koch <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Wed,  2 Sep 2020 17:53, Paul Wouters said:

That is why I was asking this. I'd like to know if this an update from
Werner or an update from a consensus on this list - WG or no WG at the

It is part of the deployed GnuPG anyway and thus I feel it makes sense
to have this in the I-D.  Feel free to start a discussion again and if
there is no consensus we need to set the used flag to "reserved" as we
did in the past for features from PGP.

If the change is an optional feature that people don’t need to build support
for, and causes no security issues for those not implementing it, I have no
objection.

Note that I asked my original question in the hopes that people are still
trying to reach consensus - I have no personal interest in any of the specific
changes from the last draft. I was trying to get an email confirmation about
the changes to prevent a further discussion far in the future about these
changes.

So perhaps for clarity I should ask if there is anyone objecting to the changes
in the latest -10 draft ? So far I got the impression that is actually resolved
a previous unresolved issue and no one objects? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Paul