Re: [openpgp] [internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-10.txt

2020-09-02 13:05:29
On Wed,  2 Sep 2020 13:01, Derek Atkins said:

30d8397 Introduce the Key Block subpacket to align OpenPGP with CMS.

6fd718d Revert to the RFC4880 requirement of having a User ID.

Were these two changes the result of consensus on the list ?

I don't know about the former; the latter was mostly consensus.  I think I

The former was proposed a couple of years ago and iirc, I was a major
voice against.  Meanwhile, afterh the meltdown of the keyserver network
we should bite the bullet an do it like it has always been done in CMS.

Better have a dedicated subpacket than having everyone squeezing it into
a proprietary notation.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner