Re: Callout (was Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-opes-architecture-00

2002-05-22 10:04:22

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 09:18:25AM -0700, Marshall Rose wrote:
mark - the reason that callout is in the architecture is because we
standardize a callout protocol. if we didn't care to have the protocol
standardized, then you and i are in agreement; however, everyone i talk to in
this space tells me that a standardized callout protocol is a real-world
requirement. so, there you have it.

Thanks, that explains why it's in the document.  I just don't get why
people think one is needed.

If it's "obvious" to so many here, then I'll just save my breath for the
callout requirements gathering phase.

MB
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA.               distobj(_at_)acm(_dot_)org