Re: clarification re 2821, s4.1.4

2002-08-17 12:28:17

--On Saturday, 17 August, 2002 13:04 -0500 "Eric A. Hall"
<ehall(_at_)ehsco(_dot_)com> wrote:

on 8/17/2002 12:54 PM Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
You most certainly are allowed to reject connections from
www.spammer.com.

You can reject the connection because the SMTP client's IP
corresponds  to www.spammer.com. Perfectly legal by the RFC.
The HELO/EHLO argument  never enters the picture.

I'm aware of that, but it's not what I'm asking about. I'm
specifically asking about using the EHLO identifier as a
policy trigger. Under the interpretations of the section as
provided here, this is prohibited.

--On Saturday, 17 August, 2002 11:53 -0500 "Eric A. Hall"