Re: pseudo LAST CALL - draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

2005-03-29 10:45:47

 My only problem with the draft in your attempt to make it a standard is
 the how you insist in imposing "Sieve"  a specific technology and clearly
 a specific language framework in what is otherwise a generalize Internet
 Email Framework.

Sieve is listed in the context of Internet standards.  Are there other
internet standards for filtering that have gained any significant adoption?

Note that that same list shows MDN and DSN.

 We don't use SIEVE and we don't intend nor plan to use SIEVE anytime in

That is nice, but not overly relevant.  The document does not claim that
everyone uses any of the cited standards nor does it claim that anyone must
use them.

Absent a groundswell of community support for the change you are requesting,
the text should stay as it is.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker