Fw: pseudo LAST CALL - draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

2005-03-29 11:01:38

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>
To: "Dave Crocker" <dcrocker(_at_)bbiw(_dot_)net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: pseudo LAST CALL - draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

That's too bad. I don't see the logic.  SIEVE is a specific complex
language
is not mandatory for internet email operations.  Systems already have
other
options in place, proprietary, open or otherwise.   How about Spam
Assassin?
A pretty popular package.  How about wsSPAMGuard, a 3rd party package for
our system.   How about McAfee or Norton?   All "Mail Filtering"
"blackbox"
components that can be hooked into a framework.  The future of the email
framework is most definitely headed to integrated frameworks.  SIEVE is
just
one option and I strongly believe it takes away from your document to make
it read like it is a requirement, which it is not.

I posted my original reply to you and the list.  But you use the wrong
IETF-SMTP address in your original message.  So anyone doing a REPLY to
your
post to the list will fail  I just got the bounce.  I will forward my
response to the list.   Of course, I don't expect much feedback, but I do
so
just to get it on public record.

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO