Re: pseudo LAST CALL - draft-crocker-email-arch-04.txt

2005-03-31 04:07:59

Frank Ellermann writes:
It's by far the most dangerous text I've seen for months, it tries to standardize the abuse of MAIL FROM as arbitrary "bounces-to" (instead of an entity responsible for problems with the SMTP transmission of the message).

Could you elaborate on this? I agree that the two entities are different, but:

1) I don't see a big difference between them, and certainly not a very dangerous one

2) isn't "bounces-to" a fairly good description of how most running code treats the MAIL FROM address?

Arnt