Re: Options for the ID Command

2005-05-18 04:56:38

----- Original Message -----
From: <Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu>
To: "David MacQuigg" <david_macquigg(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
Cc: <ietf-smtp(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:08 AM
Subject: Re: Options for the ID Command

Ever wonder why obvious spam mail has a *higher* rate of valid SPF records
than
non-spam? Because spammers are even more anxious to convince you that
they're
for real than legitimate sites are

http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?NewsID=2154

SPF comes out May 2004.  Inside 6 months, spammers are using it more than
non-spammers. Even the paranoid in me was surprised - I was expecting it
to be
at least a year.

{Scratching head at tick-infested rate}

What gets me is how is the almighty paranoid, skeptic can believe the words
of just one news rag?

The article was a prime example of what "Harry Frankfurt" writes about in
this top selling book.  Google "Harry Frankfurt" or just click here:

            http://www.pupress.princeton.edu/video/frankfurt/

Absolutely amazing!

Your original premise is just.  Developers always need to assume the worst
case in design.  But the rest is just plain old... well, Harry explains it
pretty well.  <g>

http://www.santronics.com