Re: Transparency

2005-09-08 16:08:02

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:20:44AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

seen dots near the 73rd column of a line disappear.
I think an example might do the trick.

Exactly.  And that is what I propose in the second part.

Then let's add a note or example about it.  In my wildest
dreams about "WSP-canonicalization" (for DKIM or similar)
I never considered "vanishing dot near column 73" <shudder />

Are you sure that it's not actually POP problem ?  Bye

I'm absolutely sure POP had nothing to do with it.  One case
I actually debugged:  the sender had a script, inserting mail
via a sendmail interface.  This interface needed a flag set,
to enable this hidden dot algorithm.  They hadn't set that flag.

The message was included each time those users exchanged email,
less one dot each time it was received by my system.  Of course,
I got blamed (our system *did* remove the dot!) until I found
a way to switch off my techno-babble skills and started talking
luser-speak.  Quite some time ago, yet a vivid memory.

cheers
Alex