Re: Transparency

2005-09-11 04:20:06

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 02:24:38AM -0400, John C Klensin wrote:

Alex van den Bogaerdt <alex(_at_)ergens(_dot_)op(_dot_)het(_dot_)net> wrote:

rfc2821bis, as does rfc2821, contains "<CRLF>.<CRLF> where
the first CRLF is actually the end of the previous line.  It
needs a kludge to cover the case of an empty mail, CRLF is
then the end of the DATA command.

   We should be very hesitant to change this.

Seemingly subtle changes like this could have all sorts of nasty
side-effects in the real world and we should, IMO, be extremely
cautious about making such changes unless there is strong
evidence of serious need for them.

Changes like what?  The above part is existing stuff.

Alex