Re: RFC2821bis-01 Issue 3: EHLO parameter

2007-03-29 12:58:03

--On Thursday, 29 March, 2007 21:25 +0200 Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

SM wrote:

"The SMTP client MUST, if possible, ensure that the domain
 parameter to the EHLO command is a primary host name (a
 domain name that resolves to an A RR) for its host."

ITYM "A or AAAA", at some point (maybe not now) we've to
check all potential IPv6 issues.

I vote for "now".  Have fixed this one per my prior note and
also changed section 5 to use "address RR" instead (and define
it on first use).

Those are all of the instances of "A RR" I could find in the
document, but would appreciate it if others would make that
check as well.

    john