Re: Fixing graylisting [was TBR]

2007-11-18 05:20:49

ned+ietf-smtp(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

John Leslie writes:
>    It may be worth noting that sender address rewrite should not be
>    done when forwarding a message via TBR.
>
>    (I can't offhand think of a reason you'd actually want to...)

Sieve processors executing redirect statement are permitted to change
the MAIL FROM, or leave it.

With one important exception: If the return address is empty you're not
supposed to fill it in. If you do you can end up creating a bounce loop.

I've been wondering if this restriction/concern needs to be mentioned in
2821bis.

I think it should.