Re: New Issue: NOOP clarification

2007-11-28 23:03:18

SM,

Maybe it was, maybe it was not. I was surprise too.

But it is what it showed. The welcome signature said Microsoft ESMTP Server and the vendor I was dealing with at the time, when we saw it, confirmed it was their MS SMTP server. I did't bother to ask about PROXY setups, etc, or go into why it happen because it wasn't the purpose of conversation.

Sure, I was surprise by it too. But even if was a AVS related proxy, it was still a violation, proxy or not :-)

So I merely focused on the semantics currently in the specs - it didn't ignore the string nor the NOOP command itself.

If the clarification "nit" is not deem worthy of anyone's time, then never mind.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com