Re: email-arch -- comments solicited on I8N

2008-03-10 17:17:46

At 05:05 10-03-2008, Dave Crocker wrote:
I believe all that can reasonably be in the document is something along the lines of:

     Internet Mail standards currently support the use of non-ASCII character
     sets in the message body <rfc 2045> and header fields <rfc 2047>.  There
     is an open requirement for this capability in email addresses.

This document attempts to document the existing email architecture. There can be a mention of the experiment to extend existing standards to support Internationalized Email.

Regards,
-sm