Re: email-arch -- comments solicited on I8N

2008-03-10 22:19:16

At 05:05 10-03-2008, Dave Crocker wrote:
>I believe all that can reasonably be in the document is something
>along the lines of:
>

>      Internet Mail standards currently support the use of non-ASCII character
>      sets in the message body <rfc 2045> and header fields <rfc 2047>.  There
>      is an open requirement for this capability in email addresses.

This document attempts to document the existing email
architecture.  There can be a mention of the experiment to extend
existing standards to support Internationalized Email.

That's arguably OK but IMO kind of pointless. And given that the only document
out of EAI that has made it to RFC status is an informational overview, it
is entirely inappropriate to include any technical specifics of EAI at this
time.

                                Ned