Re: email-arch -- comments solicited on I8N

2008-03-10 05:24:58

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
>  John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:
>> I presume that we'll eventually use some version of punycode
>
> This is not really the approach taken by the EAI working group...

Well, these two notes in this thread nicely demonstrate a pitfal of attempting to record the current architecture should not cite work underway or
possible for the future.  Things are too fluid and, therefore, unpredictable.

I believe all that can reasonably be in the document is something along the lines of:

     Internet Mail standards currently support the use of non-ASCII character
     sets in the message body <rfc 2045> and header fields <rfc 2047>.  There
     is an open requirement for this capability in email addresses.

Comments?

d/

--

  Dave Crocker