Re: Mixed Return Codes

2008-04-11 14:51:12

Hector Santos wrote:

 [after exploring the wonders of "receiver policy"]
more interesting, is the mixed response codes for the DATA command:

  C: DATA
  S: 354 START MAIL INPUT, END WITH "." ON A LINE BY ITSELF
  S: 421-:  (DNS:NR) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dnsnr.html
  S: 421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE

Buggy, isn't it ?

BTW, why does the sender policy of fbgcollection.com talk
about ptr in various ways when that's not supposed to work ?

While I was more concern with timeout issues, the issue
is the same - MIXED reply codes which was "semantically"
possible in 821

What we discussed was one reply with different codes, in
the example 354-... 421-... 421, what you found here is an
unsolicited reply 421 after 354.  No problem in 2821bis-09.

 Frank