Re: Requiring PTR

2008-04-14 22:11:06

At 00:17 +0100 on 04/13/2008, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote about Re: Requiring PTR:

As a blind person, I find that the other thing that doesn't bother the
majority of people that does bother me is graphical CAPTCHAs.  Most people
find them a nuisance; I find them a positive frustration.

While I can agree with your views about CAPTCHAs, I must point out that in at least some of the cases that I have seen them used in, they are used in a Section 508 compliant way in that they are accompanied by a link that will READ the contents to you for entry. This alternative at least, at least in my opinion, shows some intent to not disenfranchise those who are unable to make use of the displayed CAPTCHA while still serving whatever needs the site owner feels the scrambled pictures provide.