Re: RFC 5321bis / 2821ter

2009-01-27 15:55:59

Paul Smith wrote:

Not sure I understand that.

It is totally valid to do:

EHLO mail.spammer.com
MAIL FROM:<me(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com>

The EHLO name bears no resemblance to the sender's email address. Doing
an SPF on the EHLO name is pointless, as all that tells you is that the
sending host is 'mail.spammer.com'.

hmmmmm,  if an incoming client issues

   EHLO mail.winserver.com

which is our domain and its not part of our IP network, its a clear LMAP DOMAIN::IP violation, thus rejectable with 100% no false positions (or true negatives depending on your POV).

I would hope other remote systems would help themselves by using the expose information we provide for client machine::IP associations.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com