Re: UUEncoding File Attachment

2010-01-28 13:04:02

"Carl S. Gutekunst" <csg(_at_)alameth(_dot_)org> writes:
Russ Allbery wrote:

uuencode is still moderately common on Usenet.

Mostly for porn, AFAIK.

Yeah, the copyright violations have mostly switched to yEnc since it has
less bloat, so it's only the old-school porn posters who still use
uuencode.

Dumping undelimited uuencode "attachments" into a plain E-mail text body
is quite common in automated notifications from commercial applications.

Huh.  I suppose I should thank someone that I've never had to deal with
commercial applications living that many decades in the past.

--
Russ Allbery (rra(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu)
<http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>