Re: Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-macdonald-antispam-registry-00

2010-03-24 13:40:58

Looks good to me.

Comments:

Make a note/comment why people may want to implement this and how/where it can help outside/within the security concerns. i.e. may help reduce support cost.

About the level of details gained for large ISPs. IMO, there is really a different mind set with large ISP vs the small to mid market ISP and private company/business mail servers. IMO, large ISP seem to be liberal about this, I guess in the name of automation and to help reduce cost. We don't see that same mindset with the much greater market of smaller isp and private operators. They can better afford manual reviews when it happens and really only when its reported and most of the time, its with their authenticated users, not usually anonymous senders, unless its a intended communication.

I am personally more incline to give a general public response with the details written to log for local operator review - on demand (wait for someone to complain which is normally the goods only, bad guys don't complain).

Anyway, good breakdown of reply codes.

Jeff Macdonald wrote:

Hi all,

The following draft put some concepts into words that I brought up a
few years ago. I'd love some commentary on it. Better yet, I'd love
adoption of it. :)