Re: 4yz Temporary Rejections is part of the SMTP Protocol

2011-10-29 03:56:28

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

John suggested a new reply code series, but that scares me a bit;
 what would a staunch legacy implementation be likely to do with that?

I seriously looked at something that would fit with the current system, even something like 6yz or somehow leveraging extended status codes. The common issue was how to get the "time issue" hint in there if text parsing was not part of it.

However, if text parsing was part of it than backward compatibility would suggest the current status code would suffice.

--
Sincerely

Hector Santos
http://www.santronics.com
jabber: hector(_at_)jabber(_dot_)isdg(_dot_)net