Re: draft-atkins-smtp-traffic-control

2011-10-29 12:51:59
On 2011-10-28 14:17:56 -0700, Steve Atkins wrote:
Hence
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atkins-smtp-traffic-control/
It's a very lightweight approach that allows a server to tell a
cooperating client how long it would like the client to wait before
retrying.

It also allows a server to tell a client how long to wait when it is not
retrying (i.e. in a 2xx or 5xx response). I am sceptical about this, and
think that the wait: respnse should be limited to 4xx replies.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Web 2.0 könnte man also auch übersetzen als
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | "Netz der kleinen Geister".