Re: [ietf-smtp] Reject messages on backup mail exchangers when primary MX is online

2013-02-28 06:20:18
Problem(s) to solve:

- (Detecting and) Rejecting Bad Guys,
- Reducing Computers for Reception (turning off backups when primary is up),
- Uniformity and  Consistent Filtering Methods across MXes,
- RFC Error with implications that different MX and its order has a direct correlation to quality of mail acceptance.

I'll be interested in correcting the possible RFC "Error" first. Later, a possible BCP for reducing the TCO without losing scale. That may include good suggestions for hosting on other sites (an integrated cloud) and ideas to communicate authorized hosting information.

--
HLS