Re: [ietf-smtp] Per-Recipient Data Responses

2014-03-06 11:04:02
Ned Freed wrote:

Rather than discarding I think it is better to file into a quarantine or
spam mailbox. This gives recipients a better way of dealing with questions
about missing messages, without involving the postmaster.

Also an option, and one we support, but in my experience rarely used in
practice.

Dropping the message into the quarantine is the "last choice" action for disposition conflicts on the Postini and SonicWALL proxies. It's also one that gets calls to customer support. ("I set the policy to reject this, how comes it got into my spam folder?")

<csg>