Re: [ietf-smtp] Per-Recipient Data Responses

2014-03-06 10:44:42
Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

All that said, here's an idea: A new sieve action "prdrreject" that acts
like
reject if PRDR is available and the RCPT TO address didn't bifurcate into
multiple recipients, and like discard otherwise. That would give you the
best
possible result while not creating backscatter.

Rather than discarding I think it is better to file into a quarantine or
spam mailbox. This gives recipients a better way of dealing with questions
about missing messages, without involving the postmaster.

Also an option, and one we support, but in my experience rarely used in
practice.

                                Ned