Re: [ietf-smtp] Error in RFC 5321 concerning SPF and DKIM

2014-07-21 05:32:25

On 21/07/2014 11:09, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 7/21/2014 4:02 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
I think there should be something there about SPF and DKIM. There is a
problem with SMTP to do with trustability,

Fair point.

However "3.6.2. Mail eXchange Records and Relaying" seems an odd place
for background material on authentication and trust.

On reflection, I'm wondering whether that entire paragraph belongs
elsewhere, and with a different reference to spf and dkim?

Absolutely. As I said - in a rewrite, I'd put it somewhere totally different (possibly an appendix along with other 'issues' with SMTP), but this is an errata, so the options may be more limited (I don't know - I'm not an expert on the RFC editing system)

-

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800
Vat No: GB 685 6987 53