Tuesday, Dec 1, 2015 1:21 PM Chris Lewis wrote:
What we have now is a very small number of providers [...]

e.g., gmail.

When you get a
series of harassing emails from a given site originating from a given
user that's forging from lines and mutating content, you have nothing
concrete to filter on to distinguish it from other email from the same
provider.

This is why against our protestations DKIM is seeing wide deployment.   The
fact that there is nothing in the mail submit process that prevents the user
from forging headers is the problem.   Violating non-evil users' privacy in
order to solve that problem is stealing from Peter to pay Paul.

--
Sent from Whiteout Mail - https://whiteout.io

My PGP key: https://keys.whiteout.io/mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com