Re: [ietf-smtp] [Proposal] 250-MARKDOWN

2019-01-09 02:55:36
Thanks Guys for your time.

I'll try to come up with new proposals when I can.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 2:21 PM Viruthagiri Thirumavalavan
<giri(_at_)dombox(_dot_)org>
wrote:

You are right. I was worried that receiving server would not recognize
"text/markdown" as a media type since it was registered recently in the
RFC. So if a server started to recognize that as media type, I thought they
should do that via SMTP extension.

But yes, as Gilles Chehade said, it's related to DATA and shouldn't be
there. Even if that's possible, as Mr. Kletnieks said it's gonna break
digital signatures.

Hence, my proposal would not work.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2019 at 2:12 PM Peter Bowyer <peter(_at_)bowyer(_dot_)org>