Re: [ietf-smtp] Possible contribution to moving forward with RFC5321bis SMTP

2020-01-02 12:24:06
On 1/2/2020 10:17 AM, John C Klensin wrote:
That even includes such questions as
whether RFC 974 was the right solution to that problem and
remains the right solution in a world in which the DNS is being

Where is there indication that this mechanism has been having operational problems?

Where is the discussion of an alternative?

Failing to obtain some history covering both of these questions, pursuing this topic doesn't seem likely to be productive, though it could be wonderfully expensive in time and frustration.

whether, when we introduced EHLO, we should also have introduced
a three-layer envelope [2] and whether we should do that now via
a new but strongly-recommended extension.

Where is the indication that the existing model is behaving inadequately?

Where is the discussion of a 3-layer model and its efficacy.

Failing to obtain...

d/
--
Dave Crocker