Re: [ietf-smtp] Variable HELO name, was DSNs

2020-04-26 10:07:47

--On Sunday, April 26, 2020 07:20 -0700 Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

There are lots of ways to offer NOTIFY=SUCCESS selectively
depending on what you're trying to accomplish. Keeping in mind
that it's a RCPT TO parameter, another possibiity is to only
allow it on domains within the ADMD.

Given all the possible uses and ways of authorizing them, it
is perhaps better to focus on the one problematic case: Relay
between ADMDs where the server doesn't trust the client.

Exactly.  I was just focusing on what I took to be an argument
that the functionality didn't work because (presumably everyone)
had operational policies against using it.