Re: [ietf-smtp] DSNs

2020-04-26 16:54:03
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 11:26:09 -0700, Ned Freed said:
All this 10,000 feet stuff is starting to make my head spin. Let's please
focus on the specific issue that's been identified here, which is that
sites are turning off the DSN extension entirely on ingress systems because
they believe they have to in order to comply with the specification.

The other big problem is that even if we chunk out an RFC that clarifies
that they *can* pick-and-choose which DSN events to react to on a case by
case basis, it's still going to take a decade before people actually do
something
about it.